The end is near! Atleast, the end of 2011 is near. While everybody is thinking of their resolutions for the year to come, I am reflecting on the mistakes I made and won’t commit again.
- Kick a couch – I had to put this at the top of the list because I have recently been traumatized by these actions. My foot still hurts at this time.
- Eat a Mama Celeste Cheese Pizza – my boyfriend heated one up for me and the next day I vomited multiple times after 14 years without incident. Then I had to get medicine because the nausea wouldn’t go away. Womp. Womp.
- Register a car for ANYBODY – There is just way to many drawbacks to this. Definitely not recommended.
- Move in January – There was already about a foot of snow before the blizzard and trying to move 2 days after was time consuming and slushy.
- Fall asleep at a New Years Eve Party – Even though I knew 99% of the people there it’s a weird feeling waking up next to someone you didn’t go to sleep with.
- Turn the water heater up to max – I like to take hot showers but I have narrowly missed having third-degree burns on numerous occasions.
- Not measure the stairways before moving – I had to get rid of my still-in-the-wrapper boxspring because I didn’t know the dimensions of the hallway before signing the lease. Oh yea, my leather couch too!
- Drink only coffee during heat waves – Even though it was my favorite Iced Coffee Concoction I was still dehydrated. There is nothing pretty about being dehydrated!
- Rely on iPhone Maps walking directions – I live in Boston and you really have to take CAUTION and time it accordingly when using the walking directions. Driving is good though.
- Live with rats – One day I thought I saw something move. I dismissed it but I still bought some mouse traps. Months later I caught a mouse. Days later a rat jumped out of no where. I moved. (We found the hole, and it went from my upstairs neighbors right into my kitchen. Yuck!)
I don’t plan to commit these acts again in 2012 or beyond. That would just be criminal.